- Create rules based on the destination country of an order.
- For example, set the DHL Express product code automatically to facilitate bulk printing and improve efficiency.
- Another use might be, if your domestic shipments are managed by a different carrier to DHL Express, you can set a rule to exclude these orders from being imported into DHL Express Commerce.
1. Set up the destination country rule (Example: Set Courier & Product Code)
- Go to Settings > Rules.
- Select Destination Country Name.
- Enter the country or the list of countries. Each country must be separated by a semi-colon.
- Select an action, e.g. Set Carrier & Service code.
- Set the parameters of that action, e.g. Courier and Product code.
- Click Save.
2. Set up the destination country rule (Example: Don't import specific orders)
- Go to Settings > Rules > Add a new rule.
- Condition > Destination Country Name
- Set the Destination Country to your home/export country.
- Action > Import Order.
- Set Value to False.
- Orders with the defined destination country will not import into DHL Express Commerce.