- When using DHL Express Commerce in your browser you can bulk upload orders directly into your account. This is great for orders which have been exported out of another system or for orders which you've taken manually and need to upload quickly.
- You can now also import orders directly into the Print Application through the File Monitor. The File Monitor finds CSV files on your computer and imports the information into DHL Express Commerce as orders.
- Orders uploaded into the Print Application through File Monitor will also be available through DHL Express Commerce in your browser.
To find the supported file template for uploading orders, go to CSV File Setup in DHL Express Commerce.
Set up the File Monitor
To setup the Print Application's File Monitor:
- Open up the Print Application on your computer
- In the top-right corner, click File Monitor
- You have 4 locations to specify where the DEC file monitor application will look and move files
- Read - This is where files will be picked up and imported from
- History - This is where files will be moved automatically after importing
- Error - This is where files will be moved automatically if its unable to be imported
- ExportTracking - This is where files will be created with tracking details for each order after printing. A sample file can be found here (Tracking Number, Order Number, Customer Name, Courier Company, Tracking URL.)
- Tick Enable auto import i.e when Print Application is running
- Click Close.
Upload orders with File Monitor
Once set up you can begin uploading orders into the Print Application. To upload orders into the Print Application:
- Ensure that the Print Application is running on your computer
- Open the folder you selected as the folder to read CSV files from
- Copy & Paste in (or drag and drop) the CSV file which contains the information for the orders you'd like to upload
- Once added into the folder you've selected as the folder to read CSV files from DHL Express Commerce will begin uploading the orders
- Imported orders will appear in the New tab of the Print Application and also be available in the New tab of the DHL Express Commerce web app.
If all orders are imported successfully the CSV file will be moved to the selected folder to move files successfully imported and have _IMPORTED added to the end of the file name.
If any orders could not be successfully imported the CSV file will be moved to the selected folder to move files with errors and have _ERROR added to the end of the file name.
File Monitor creates a log of all orders imports which can be found by going to Tools > Open Log Folder.
To see why an order failed to upload, go to Tools > click Open Log Folder > click to open the importLog file.