If you are using an ecommerce platform where there is no direct integration available with DHL Express Commerce, we can offer a workaround: DHL Express Commerce can automatically import CSV files from an FTP server. CSV files will be downloaded from your server and the shipments information will be written back to your server after printing.
Order import process:
Your software -> CSV file -> FTP site IN directory -> DHL Express Commerce
The imported file is then moved to the HISTORY directory on the FTP site.
Tracking export process:
DHL Express Commerce -> CSV file -> FTP site OUT directory-> your software
1. Set up your CSV file template in DHL Express Commerce
The first step is to set up your CSV file template in DHL Express Commerce. We recommend you test your CSV file template by performing a manual import first, before you start using the automated FTP server import.
2. Set up your FTP server details in DHL Express Commerce
Enter the connection information about your FTP server:
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Add a new integration > CSV FTP.
- Tick Enable
- Select the Protocol required | FTP/SFTP (SFTP is recommended)
- Enter the address of the host and port.
- Enter the username and password.
- Click Test Connection.
- Click Save.
Note: DHL Express Commerce automatically creates three folders: IN, OUT, and HISTORY. The folders can also be created manually, however, the names of the folders are case-sensitive.
3. Enable automatic order import
- In DHL Express Commerce, go to Settings >Integration.
- Under the Import Options header, tick Automatically import orders.
This will make DHL Express Commerce automatically poll the FTP site every 10 minutes for new CSV files.
Imports can also be triggered manually via the Import button on the Ship page. Click Import, then select the Import Option button.
4. Import your orders and get the tracking information.
Once your FTP server details are added to DHL Express Commerce, you will have three folders:
- IN contains the CSV files that need to be imported. Once a file has been imported into DHL Express Commerce, it is moved to HISTORY.
- HISTORY contains the CSV files that have been imported into DHL Express Commerce.
- OUT contains the tracking information of the printed orders: Tracking Number, Order Number, Customer Name, Courier Company, Tracking URL. One file is created per order.