This article describes how to configure your DHL Express account information and preferences. These are the minimal settings required to allow you to start creating shipments from DHL Express Commerce.
1. Set your pickup address
This is the address used for courier collections. This address will also be printed on your shipping labels as the shipper address.
- Go to Settings, Pickup Address
- Enter your full shipping address
2. Add your export account
Your DHL Express account manager will provide this to you. This is your unique shipping account number that identifies you with DHL Express. Your shipping account number is 9 digits long.
Having a valid DHL Express account number configured in DHL Express Commerce is necessary to being creating shipments.
- Go to Settings, Couriers, DHL Express Settings and Enable DHL
- DHL Account No, Enter your DHL Express export shipping account number.
3. Set your DHL Express products
DHL Express offers a number of shipping products to cater for many different shipping requirements. Generally, our standard products used to ship internationally are:
- EXPRESS WORLDWIDE (WPX) | Our Time Definite International product. WPX is used when either the origin or destination countries are situated outside of the European Union.
- EXPRESS WORLDWIDE (ECX) | Our Time Definite EU product. This product is our shipping service for within the European Union only. Both the origin and destination countries are within the European Union.
Shipping from outside of the European Union | Our recommendation is to configure EXPRESS WORLDWIDE (WPX) to allow shipping internationally.
Shipping from the European Union | Our recommendation is to configure both EXPRESS WORLDWIDE (WPX) and EXPRESS WORLDWIDE (ECX) to allow shipping to both European Union and non-European Union destinations.
Additional product requirements such as Domestic should be discussed with your DHL Express Account Manager so DHL Express Commerce can be best configured for your exact needs.
- Go to Settings, Couriers, DHL Express Settings and Add Product Codes
- Use Add an existing product code drop down, select the product, then Add.