Set up live rates at checkout for Magento and display your DHL Express shipping rates to your customers automatically.
About live rates at checkout
The destination address and the total weight of the cart are used to electronically return your DHL Express shipping rate.
Your customer can select the preferred shipping method and the order will be imported with this shipping method.
DHL’s Shipment charges are calculated according to the higher of actual or volumetric weight per piece and any piece may be re-weighed and re-measured by DHL to confirm this calculation. This may result in a higher price than displayed at the time of checkout.
Prices quoted are estimates based on the information you have supplied.
Prices quoted may not include duties, taxes, customs charges or all surcharges and fees.
Transit time and price quotes are indicative and DHL has no liability or responsibility for differences between this indicative quote and the actual price or transit time.
Your final transit time and price may differ based on the characteristics of the shipment, services requested and the packages actually tendered to DHL.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accompanying plugin is as compatible as possible, many factors such as site customizations or conflicts with other third party plugins may result in the DHL plugin to behave unexpectedly or not function.
DHL offers no warranty or guarantee's that plugins will operate for your specific site.
1. Install the extension app
Before installing any extension, please create a backup of the root folder of the Magento website and of the database.
- Download the Magento extension. (Link at the bottom of this article)
- Unpack the Dhlexpress_Services.zip file you’ve downloaded.
- Connect to the server where the website source folder is located with FTP/SFTP/SSH client
- Upload all files and folders that you have unpacked to the root folder of your Magento website.
- Clear the cache
- Log out and then log in to the Admin Panel, so Magento can refresh permissions
2. Generate your API key
- Log into DHL Express Commerce
- Go to Settings, then select API.
- If the API Key field is blank, click Regenerate, then click Save.
- Copy the API key. You will need to paste this into your Magento Admin panel.
3. Add your API key in Magento 1
- Log in to your Magento 1 account.
- From the System menu, select Configuration.
- From the sidebar, select ShipIt Settings.
- Paste your API key in the API Key field, then click Save Config.
- From the sidebar select Shipping Methods.
- Under ShipIT (Rate Service), set Enabled to Yes.
- Set the Calculate option to Yes.
WARNING! All other shipping methods are legacy options. These have been deprecated and should not be used.