- The Government of Singapore announced that the implementation of the Overseas Vendor Registration (“OVR”) regime for Low Value Goods (“LVG”) will take effect from 1st Jan 2023.
- This means vendors will need to indicate whether the GST is paid for items and shipments inbound to Singapore.
- In order to set up your Singapore GST number please follow the below steps.
How it works
- In your DEC account navigate to Settings > Options > Shipper Tax Settings.
- In the drop down select Singapore GST Collected and enter your OVR number. Set the Applicable Destination as SG (Singapore).
- Note: When you set up a Singapore tax number without a rule to indicate false GST will default as PAID for all line items. Ensure that your line items have unique SKUs so that rules run effectively.
As Singapore requires indication of GST paid per line item you can handle this for DHL Express shipments by using rules.
- Navigate to Settings > Rules and set the below rule based on your currency.
- Note: Items under SGD 400 should be GST paid and items over SGD 400 should be GST unpaid. You can use an online currency converter to determine the item amount you would like to enter in the rule.
Your Singapore OVR Number will display on the DHL Express Commercial Invoice. When you set up the above rules, line items will indicate whether GST is paid or unpaid.