This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to setup and adjust DHL Express Commerce based on your business needs.
1. Review your profile
- Go to Settings, then select Pickup Address.
- Enter/Review your address and contact details for courier collections. These details may be printed on labels depending on your courier and label format.
- Click Save.
2. Setup your platform integrations
Integrate your eCommerce platform.
You can automatically import sales orders directly from your chosen platform or upload orders via a CSV file.
3. Set tax and registration numbers
In order for some shipments to clear customs, it may be necessary to include various tax and registration numbers on the customs invoice. To set numbers such as Tax, EORI, IOSS, VAT:
- Go to Settings, Options, Shipper Tax Settings
- Click Add new
- Select the Tax Type, add the Tax Number and set the destination where it should be used
See this article for more information
4. Set up boxes and import weights
When orders are imported you can configure default packages for your orders.
You can configure this in your DHL Express Commerce account > Settings > Package setup.
5. Packing slips
You can choose to print your packing slips in DHL Commerce or in your integrated platform.
Select whether to bulk print packing slips or print packing slips and labels together.
6. Additional options
If you are shipping internationally, you can configure the following options in your account > Settings > Options:
- Default item description
- HS Code
- Country of manufacture
7. Multi-location, dropshipping & child accounts
DHL Express Commerce can be configured to support complex business processes including multi-location, multi-brand and dropshipping.
To set this up you can add child accounts that are attached to your parent account.
For more information, see the support articles linked below: